AM I BORING?


"Am I boring?"
"No."
"Are you sure?"
"I said no."
"I know, but sometimes I sound a bit old lady-like."
"What?"
"You know. I talk about old lady stuff."

"Like what?"
"I don't know. The weather, handbags, the price of biscuits."
"The war."
"Funny."
"Not really."

Silence.
"You're not boring. You talk about weird, crazy stuff, art stuff."
"I do?"
"Yea. All the time."
"I do, don't I."

"I really wouldn't be with you if you were boring. You know that right?"
"No, you wouldn't."
Silence.
"I repeat myself a lot though."
"What?"

"I tell you stuff, and I don't realise I've told you that stuff before. I'm like in a loop of breathless telling and retelling."
"Yea. You do that alot."
"I do?"

"Yep."
"Oh."

Silence.
"You know, I've changed my mind, you are boring."
"Thanks!"
"A pleasure!"

Popular Posts